(best prices per person for small groups of 5 to 8 people, however you are welcome to book a private hire journey for less people)
Visiting a place(s), Journeys from A to B anywhere & Walks
Example only for the same day VISIT, A to B journey or day WALK:
- Pick you up from A (i.e. where you live or stay)
- Drive for 2.5 hours (in this example) from A to B
- At B you have free time or a VISIT (a town, castle, whisky distillery, museum, attraction, event or similar at your own expense) or go for a WALK
After a few hours at the end of your VISIT Unicorn Tours picks you up again from B or meets you at the other end of your WALK ( & often I meet you half way into the walk, as I am parked at the far side of the trail, where your walking path ends. On a circular walk I might join you – please note there is no extras payable for those semi-guided same day walks – this does apply from October to April)
- From B we drive back for 2.5 hours (in this example) to A and drop you off there or anywhere else you choose/pre-arranged
We only charge for the driving time in this example = 2.5 hours from A to B + 2.5 hours from B back to A = 5 hours
5 hours in this example = half of the 10 hour standard daily rate
What is private hire?
Private hire is similar to a taxi service, as it is licensed and insured in the same way,
With the key difference being,
that a taxi can pick up passengers from a taxi rank without the passengers having to book in advance,
a private hire vehicle can’t do this and only pick up passengers who have pre-booked a journey.
with the best value per person for groups of up to 8 passengers and longer distances.
Private mini-bus hire for individuals & groups of up to 8 passengers (best prices p.p. if you are in a group).
Unicorn Travel & Tours offers a wide range of pre-bookable journeys:
- Airport transfers (there is a huge storage space on our mini-bus – enough for up to 2 suitcases per person) )
- All day as directed
- Cruise land excursions (from Edinburgh – Rosyth, Queensferry, Leith, Newhaven; Greenock, Dundee, Oban and other cruise ports)
- Days & nights out
- Ferry transfers
- Group specialist (best prices per person for groups of up to 8 passengers)
- Transfers to Unicorn Paddle at Loch Lomond
- Any occasions
- Ski transfers (Aonach Mhor, Aviemore, Glencoe, Glenshee & the Lecht)
- Bespoke Unicorn Tours from anywhere in Scotland, including Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews, Inverness, Aviemore, Fort William, etc.
- Students, Uni to/from home start/end of semester luggage removal (space for 8 passengers and 12 suitcases)
- Luggage transfers for long distance walkers
- Weddings, etc.
We offer competitive fixed price A to B journeys to anywhere in the country, for all journeys 45 minutes or longer.
We are based in Alloa, near Stirling University, and our mini-bus and driver/tour guide is fully licensed and insured.
How to check for our private hire availability?
November – March – available for private hire
April – October – Check out our calendar first for available dates (as we are also running tours throughout the summer)
Edinburgh airport £48 one way, so if you are 8 it works out just £6 pp.
Glasgow Airport £64 one way, so if you are 8 it works out just £8 pp.
There is a £16 (£2 per person, based on a group of 8) night supplement from 21.00 pm to 7 am.
For airport pick ups only:
The first £10 car parking charges and 30 minutes of waiting time are included in the fares we quote. A meet and greet service is available to those unfamiliar with the layout of the airport for an additional £10.
Payment: Advance bookings by invoice with online payment link or for on the day bookings by cash.