Sun. 1st March 2020 – Bamburgh castle, Holy Island, Northumberland & the Borders
£25 per person
View some of our past tours
- Bamburgh castle, Holy Island/Lindisfarne, coast & beaches – Northumberland, incl. the Scottish Borders
- medium distance multi-stop day tour allowing for some limited free time, flexible activities, history, castles, abbeys, beaches and more
Bamburgh castle (Northumberland/England) with possible stops
at Holy Island/Lindisfarne and in the Scottish Borders
- Pick up from Stirling/Uni with additional pick up / drop off options available (*see further down)
We will watch the tides for the Holy Isle tides for Holy island / Lindisfarne and will either visit before or after Bamburgh castle – please note you can chose to just visit either attraction / take photos from the outside – or pay the entrance fee and we stay longer and visit from the inside Bamburgh castle provided there is time, the group would like to visit and the tides is out.
- Holy Island / Lindisfarne the most important pre-Viking Anglo-Saxon monastery
- Bamburgh castle Bamburgh castle towering above the sea and beach being the ancient capital of Northumberland (entrance fee £10.95 – either a majority of the group will want to visit inside and we will allocate the extra time for this / or a majority prefers to only visit from the stunning outside and we will allocate a shorter time for the visit – while a minority, who wishes to visit and pay inside could still do so)
In addition to Bamburgh castle and Holy Island / Lindisfarne, depending on the group’s preferences, the timekeeping and the weather, we will be able to stop at 2 or more of the listed places below:
Possible stops on the outbound or return journey in Kelso, one of the most beautiful of the towns in the borders with its cobbled market square, cathedral and Floors castle along the River Tweed plus
- Possible stop at Melrose or alternatively along the coast with the picturesque fishing villages of St Abbs and Eyemouth in the marine nature reserve and the stunning beach of Coldingham
- Possible stop at Dunbar, Tantallon castle, North Berwick and at Yellowcraig or Gullane beach or Roslin chapel (you might remember Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci code”, Roslin chapel is where the bible was “chiseled into stone”)
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
How to enquire, book & pay
- If you are interested in this tour, you let us know by either emailing email@example.com, use our enquiry form or text or phone us 07429251980. This also gives you a chance to ask any questions, you may have.
- Once the minimum number of interested individuals has been reached, we contact everyone, if they still wish to join the tour and are ready to book and pay.
- Once the minimum number of individuals have paid, the tour is then a guaranteed departure.
- Payment/booking deadline: tba
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full
Pick up times & Stirling/Uni & other pick up locations to be confirmed once we know all the participants’ preferences