St. Andrews & the Fishing Villages of Fife – Sun. 10th November 2019
Price: £25 per person
View some of our past tours
- short distance multi-stop day tours allowing for plenty of free time, flexible activities, walking, history, beach & more
Scenic drive with stops along the route to St. Andrews – a tour of St. Andrews followed by some free time – drive along the picturesque fishing villages of Fife:
- Scenic drive along the Ochils with possible stops at castle Campbell, Rumbling bridge, Loch Leven, Falkland (Outlander location “Inverness”) with a photostop of Falkland palace
- Weather permitting driving up the East Lomond hill viewpoint of the Firth of Forth estuary with its islands overlooking Fife, the Forth estuary with its islands and over to Lothian & Bass rock.
- Scenic route along the River Tay estuary nature reserve with tidal islands and great views.
- On request, crossing the River Tay with a photo and coffee stop at the Discovery Point & V&A museum.
- On request a spectacular nature walk along Tentsmuir beach.
- St. Andrews, our longest stop – 2 – 4 hours – depending on the group’s preferences:
- St Andrews beach, golf course and golf museum
- Scenic walk via the San Salvator church and college, past St. Andrews castle and the cathedral to the beach and harbor and into the town centre for some free time
- Possible stops along the route after St. Andrews, depending on time-management, the weather and the group’s preferences: The East Neuk of Fife, the fishing villages of Fife with their stunning historic harbours, Crail, Pittenweem, Anstruthers.
- If there is time, the weather is fine and the group is into walking we can walk sections of the beautiful Elie to Shell bay coastal path,
- Scenic drive along the Fife coast back to Stirling Uni with the option of stopping at historic Culross (featured in various historic series, incl. in Outlander during the witches trial).
- Please note, we listed all the top attractions along the way, but they will not fit all into one day.
- As this is really your tour and every group is different, we leave it a bit up to you to decide to include or exclude to visit some of the places along the way to St. Andrews and on the way back,
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
- Payment/booking deadline: tba
Please note for all of our multi-day tours we have already pre-booked and pre-paid 9 hostel beds for each night, but you can opt out of this and chose your own accommodation.
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full (and on our end we will then cancel multi-day tour prepaid accommodation which we had to book, in order to be able to advertise and offer the tour in the first place).
Pick up times & Stirling/Uni & other pick up locations to be confirmed once we know all the participants’ preferences