Thu. 24 October 2019
The wild Westcoast – Ardnamurchan & castle Tioram via Glencoe & Glenfinnan (Harry Potter railway bridge)
Price: £39 per person
View some of our past tours
- Early booking discount – pay 2 months early by 24th August and get 25% off and save £10 = £29 pp for the tour
- Early booking discount – pay 1 month early by 24th September and get 12.5% off and save £5 = £34 pp for the tour
- long distance multi-stop day tour allowing for some limited free time, flexible activities, walking, castles, nature, coast, beaches, island views, wildlife, bens, lochs & glens and more
Travelling to some of Scotland’s least traveled, but most spectacular roads through the Moidart, Sunart, Morven & Ardnamurchan peninsulas.
Starting in Stirling, after the Loch Lomond and Trossachs nationalpark, we travel through Rannoch Moor and have a photostop in stunning Glencoe. There is the option of a stop at Inverlochy castle and we will be visiting Glenfinnan (viewpoint of beautiful Loch Shiel, the Bonny Prince Charles statue and the railway bridge also used on the West Highland railway line by the Jacobite steamtrain or Hogwarth’s express in the Harry Potter film).
We then enter a remote, but absolutely stunning region past lots of bens, lochs, glens and along some sealochs/fjords to the the romantic tidal castle of Tioram and eventually to Ardnamurchan point, Scotland’s most westerly point of the mainland.
Subject to the weather and visibility we should have an amazing view across the seas over to the Isle of Mull, Coll, Tiree, the small isles (Rhum, Muck, Eigg and Canna) and the Cuillins of Skye in the distance.
At Ardnamurchan point there is usually also a good chance to spot marine wildlife.
Depending on the group’s preferences and our departure time/time management, we might on one route short cut via the Kilchoan-Tobermory/Mull/Craignure-Oban ferry link ( a few pounds extra per footpassenger with Caledonian MacBrayne) or alternative via the Corran ferry free for footpassengers).
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
How to enquire, book & pay
- If you are interested in this tour, you let us know by either emailing email@example.com, use our enquiry form or text or phone us 07429251980. This also gives you a chance to ask any questions, you may have.
- Once the minimum number of interested individuals has been reached, we contact everyone, if they still wish to join the tour and are ready to book and pay.
- Once the minimum number of individuals have paid, the tour is then a guaranteed departure.
Payment/booking deadline: tba
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full
Pick up times & Stirling/Uni & other pick up locations to be confirmed once we know all the participants’ preferences