Later* on Fri. 04th – Sun. 06th October 2019 – Isle of Skye 2.5* day tour
Stunning tour to the largest of the Inner Hebrides – the spectacular Isle of Skye
View some of our past tours to the Isle of Skye
*The reason why we advertise “a later departure on Friday, 04th October and a 2.5 day tour is that some students might still have classes and lectures at Stirling University on that day.
At Unicorn Tours from our side we are happy to depart as early as 8am, but we would like to give everyone who books this trip a chance to come along without having to skip/miss/compromise with their studies and lectures – so we will be leaving as early as possible, but leave the timing open for now, if for example of the group of 8, there are 3 who have nothing on and can leave at 8am – 1 has a lecture which finishes at 11 am, 2 have a lecture, that finishes at 12 noon and 2 have a lecture that finishes at 1pm, then 1pm in this example would be the time everyone is free and we would be happy to leave as early as 1.15 pm. We would like to keep it flexible and allow you, who wish to join the tour to all come along and once the last in the group is ready to go, we start the tour, so it could be 3.15 pm or in the morning for example
£119 per person
- Early booking discount – pay 3 months early by 4th July and get 1/3 off and save £40 = £79 pp for the tour
- Early booking discount – pay 2 months early by 4th August and get 25% off and save £30 = £89 pp for the tour
- Early booking discount – pay 1 month early by 4th September and get 12.5%+ off and save £20 = £99 pp for the tour
⇔ Please note you can only chose to take advantage of either or of these two types of discounts and this discount can’t be combined with the usual discounts as the whole tour is already sold at a much lower rate for its travel season⇔
- Friends booking together at the same time saving – 4 or more – get 1/3 off and save £40 = £79 pp for the tour
- Friends booking together at the same time saving – 3 – get 25% off and save £30 = £89 pp for the tour
- Friends booking together at the same time saving – 2 – get 12.5% off and save £20 = £99 pp for the tour
Extras to pay
more info below, but ferry is free/included in tour price, 1st night hostel = £24 pppn and 2nd night hostel = £21 per person per night
- long distance multi-stop long weekend tour
- allowing for some limited free time, flexible activities, nature, walks, bens. lochs, monsters & glens, mountain views, beaches, wildlife, castles, Harry Potter steamtrain railway viaducts & more
Multi-lingual TOUR INFO of this tour scroll to / @ the very END
Deutsch – Français – Espagnol – Italiano – Nederlands
Isle of Skye & Glencoe, Glenfinnan & the Highlands long weekend tour
This tour is open to anyone, everyone welcome, but as on Friday, 4th October, as soon as the last person in the group finishes the last lecture/work/is ready to leave.
We are spending the first night at the Glen Nevis hotel near Fort William at the foot of Scotland’s higest mountain, Ben Nevis and close to some great walking tracks.
the second night we spend right in the heart of picturesque Portree at the SYHA hostel on the Isle of Skye.
Travel day to Fort William
- On Friday, 4th October we leave later in the day, but as soon as everyone in the group is able to and free. We head through the Trossachs nationalpark and might stop at Killin for the falls of Dochart and head along the West Highland Way up towards Rannoch Moor and stunning Glencoe before we arrive into Fort William.
- In case the group members will be able to leave early, there is a lot of things in and around Forth William and if the group is able to leave earlier still, on request we could even stop in stunning Oban, on a slightly longer route to Fort William.
On the first night we stay at the Glen Nevis hostel in Fort William.
Touring day 1
- On Saturday, 5th October, we take the stunning route across Neptune’s staircase/Caledonian canal towards Glenfinnan (Harry Potter/West Highland line railway bridge, Loch Shiel and the Bonny Prince Charles monument) before heading along the spectacular road to the Isles and past the golden sands of Morar towards Mallaig, where we catch the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry at 9.40 am to arrive on Skye at 10.25.
(the fact that we have travelled the day before to Fort William already, will give us a massive headstart on this 2nd day)
A full day on the Isle of Skye
Trotternish peninsula old man of Store, Leaky waterfalls and cliff walk, Kilt rock, Duntulum castle, museum of Highland life, Uig, fairy glen
Dunvegan and Dunvegan castle and the seal colony
Neist point lighthouse
Fairy pools in the Cuillins mountains
On the second night we stay in Portree/Isle of Skye
Touring day 2
On Sunday, 6th October depending on the group’s preferences, we can either spend more time on the Isle of Skye
or heading via Sligachan, Broadford and Kyleakin towards the Skye bridge and after leaving Skye on the Skye bridge spend a bit more time stopping at the many beautiful places along the way, for example Plockton, Eilean Donan castle, a photostop at Loch Ness and scenic Highland routes back to Stirling.
- The ferry to the Isle of Skye
EXTRAS TO PAY:
- Food, drink, entrance fees (castles, museums, attractions, etc.)
- Pre-booked and guaranteed accommodation at the Glen Nevis (Fort William) hostel for £24 per person per night in an ensuite quad room
- and for the 2nd night in the centre of Portree, the capital of the Isle of Skye , £21 per person per night in a dormitory room.
- (Unicorn Tours has pre-booked and pre-paid 9 spaces at the hostel already, so as to be able to offer and guarantee the running of this tour – you don’t have to worry about arranging the accommodation yourself, you just pay us. However if you rather prefer some alternative accommodation, we offer you to opt out and you are then free to chose any other accommodation of your choice for those nights)
however if you prefer, you are free to stay elsewhere for those 2 nights, incl. a B&B or hotel, it will make no difference to the tour, as we drop you off at night and pick you up again in the morning
Anyone who wishes to stay on for longer on the Skye and the Westcoast, please let us know and we would drop you off at the end of the tour, but you would have to make your own way back by Scotrail train or Scottish Citylink bus.
Pre-booked and guaranteed accommodation at the Glen Nevis (Fort William) hostel for £24 per person per night in an ensuite quad room
and for the 2nd night in the centre of Portree, the capital of the Isle of Skye , £21 per person per night in a dormitory room.
(Unicorn Tours has pre-booked and pre-paid 9 spaces at the hostel already, so as to be able to offer and guarantee the running of this tour – you don’t have to worry about arranging the accommodation yourself, you just pay us. However if you rather prefer some alternative accommodation, we offer you to opt out and you are then free to chose any other accommodation of your choice for those nights)
Accommodation on all of our special tours (2 days & longer):
We pre-book and guarantee accommodation for all 8 passengers on all our special tours.
The pre-booked and guaranteed accommodation is a general rule is budget dormitory youth hostel bunk-bed type accommodation in a central and convenient location and depending on where and when typically costs between £12 – £25 per person per night.
We always give you the option to opt-out and find your own private B&B or hotel accommodation nearby, in which case you should advise us early, so we can release those pre-booked bed-spaces.
The tour throughout the day will remain the same, no matter if we pick you up in the morning /drop you off at night at a 5* hotel or hostel, this allows you to pay as little or as much for your accommodation as you like.
Check for additional accommodation info.
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
How to enquire, book & pay
- If you are interested in this tour, you let us know by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, use our enquiry form or text or phone us 07429251980. This also gives you a chance to ask any questions, you may have.
- Once the minimum number of interested individuals has been reached, we contact everyone, if they still wish to join the tour and are ready to book and pay.
- Once the minimum number of individuals have paid, the tour is then a guaranteed departure.
- Payment/booking deadline: Sat. 28th September @ 3.30 pm
Please note for all of our multi-day tours we have already pre-booked and pre-paid 9 hostel beds for each night, but you can opt out of this and chose your own accommodation.
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full (and on our end we will then cancel multi-day tour prepaid accommodation which we had to book, in order to be able to advertise and offer the tour in the first place).