Sat. 21st September – Loch Ness, Glenfinnan, the Highlands, Glencoe & the Great Glen
Price: £39 per person
View some of our past tours to Loch Ness, Glenfinnan, the Great Glen & Glencoe
- Early booking discount – pay 2 months early by 14th February and get 25% off and save £10 = £29 pp for the tour
- Early booking discount – pay 1 month early by 14th March and get 12.5% off and save £5 = £34 pp for the tour
- long distance multi-stop day tour
- allowing for some limited free time, flexible activities, nature, walks, bens. lochs, monsters & glens, mountain views, wildlife, castles, Harry Potter steamtrain railway viaducts & more
Spectacular round trip to Loch Ness, the Highlands, Glencoe & the Great Glen of Scotland
We travel from Stirling past Doune castle (featured in Monty Python, Outlander, Outlaw King, etc.) into the Trossachs nationalpark and will climb up past the beautiful falls of Leny, Loch Lubnaig and Glen Ogle.
We will have a walk and photostop on the bridge overlooking the scenic waterfalls and the island with the ancient burial grounds of the Clan MacNab in the Highland village of Killin.
We drive near to the West Highland Way long-distance walking path and the West Highland railway line through Crianlarich and Tyndrum with a possible stop towards Bridge of Orchy, Loch Tulla and the Rannoch Moor high plateau with the Glencoe skiresort and spectacular Buchaillie Mhor on our left hand side before we descend into the spectacular valley of Glencoe for a photostop.
Down on the Westcoast past Glencoe village, we enjoy the great views from the Ballachulish bridge across the sealoch of Loch Linnhe and towards Glencoe
Depending on timings we will either travel via Fort William and Inverlochy castle along the Great Glen way
or via the spectacular Corran ferry route
to Glenfinnan from where we will have the most amazing view after a 4 minute walk up the hill towards spectacular Loch Shiel with the Bonny Prince Charles statue and the Glenfinnan viaduct (part of the West Highland railway line/Jacobite steam train or since the film also called the “Harry Potter bridge”)
from where we take a route to Neptune’s staircase along the Caledonian canal to with an option to stop there or at the Spean bridge wooolen mill.
After a spectacular photostop at the Commando memorial overlooking the Ben Nevis mountain range (Ben Nevis being Scotland’s highest peak at a height of 1345 m / 4411 feet.
We head up through stunning scenery through the deep and steep Great Glen further along the Caledonian canal and along Loch Lochy, Loch Oich before we arrive at Fort August at the southernmost point of Loch Ness for our lunch break, a scenic walk along the canal to Loch Ness with some monster hunting option and our free time to have something to eat, go for a walk/visit the canal centre, Clansman centre or go for a loch cruise (at an extra cost).
Depending on the group’s preferences there are various routes to return back.
Subject to the weather and road conditions, we might take the absolutely stunning rural country road east, stopping at a photo with the Hairy Coos towards Daviot (when there is time and the group is interested in it, there is the option of visiting Clava Cairns/Craig na Dun stone circle – Outlander – and the Culloden battlefiled) and then head south along the A9 with stops at Carrbridge (300 year old military bridge) /Aviemore (when there is time and good weather a visit of stunning Loch Morlich/Cairngorm mountain ski resort past the reindeer centre is an option), etc. in the Cairngorm nationalpark.
We drive past the Dalwhinnie distillery, Blair Atholl castle, Killiecrankie and have some more scenic stops before after a possible stop at the Victorian tourist town Pitlochry and Dunkeld we are heading back to Stirling again.
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
How to enquire, book & pay
- If you are interested in this tour, you let us know by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, use our enquiry form or text or phone us 07429251980. This also gives you a chance to ask any questions, you may have.
- Once the minimum number of interested individuals has been reached, we contact everyone, if they still wish to join the tour and are ready to book and pay.
- Once the minimum number of individuals have paid, the tour is then a guaranteed departure.
- Payment/booking deadline: Wed. 18th September @ 3.30 pm
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full