Saturday, 26th October 2019
Glenfinnan (Spectacular Loch Shiel, Bonny Prince Charles statue & the Harry Potter bridge) via Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, the sealochs of Loch Eil & Loch Linnhe (scenic Corran ferry option) and back via Loch Lomond
Price: £39 per person
View some of our past tours
- Early booking discount – pay 2 months early by 14th February and get 25% off and save £10 = £29 pp for the tour
- Early booking discount – pay 1 month early by 14th March and get 12.5% off and save £5 = £34 pp for the tour
- medium distance multi-stopover winter short daylight sightseeing tour
- allowing for some limited freetime/flexible activities/stops
Scottish Highland round trip from Stirling to Glenfinnan (spectacular viewpoint across Loch Shiel, Bonny Prince Charles statue & over to the famous the Harry Potter / Jacobite steamtrain railway bridge) via the Trossachs, Rannoch Moor, the valley of Glencoe, the sealochs of Loch Eil & Loch Linnhe (scenic Corran ferry option) and back via Loch Lomond
Stunning day tour into the Scottish Highlands
From Stirling we are heading into and through the Trossachs nationalpark with a stop in Killin/Falls of Dochart,
before heading up the wild and remote Rannoch Moor highplateau from where we descend into the breathtaking valley of Glencoe.
When we head across the Ballachullish bridge we have some stunning views over to Glencoe and across the sealoch Loch Linnhe.
At Fort William and Inverlochy castle we have the option for a stop and scenic walk.
We cross the Caledonian canal with a view of Neptune’s staircase and drive along the sealoch of Loch Eil towards Glenfinnan (Harry Potter bridge of the Jacobite steamtrain + the Bonny Prince Charles monument and stunning Loch Shiel).
For the very best and most dramatic views of scenic Loch Eil/Loch Linnhe route with the best views of the Ben Nevis massif we will be taking the Corran ferry (no extra cost for yourself) and along the coast south we enjoy a view of castle Stalker before our stunning nature photostop at Loch Etive.
We may stop at the Hollow Mountain visitor centre and St. Conan’s kirk before a photostop of Kilchurn castle at Loch Awe,
Depending on group preferences/time keeping/weather etc. various return route options exist, including via Inveraray with a view of Inveraray castle, home of the Duke of Argyll, the Clan chief of Scotland’s 2nd biggest clan, the Campbells.
After a stop in Inveraray and a scenic drive along Loch Fyne and up to Rest and be thankful down though the Argyll forest park to, Loch Long, we climb up at Arrochar, overlooking the Arrochar Alps and Loch Lomond before stopping at scenic Luss for walk along the beach and some photostops.
If the group prefers we also have the option to stop in Oban instead and to skip the longer Inveraray/Loch Lomond route and spend the extra time in Oban instead.
Drop off back at Stirling/Uni and other request locations
Status of this tour
Minimum number of paid/booked individual spaces to guarantee the running of this tour
- not yet reached
- last update on 25th February @ noon
How to enquire, book & pay
- If you are interested in this tour, you let us know by either emailing email@example.com, use our enquiry form or text or phone us 07429251980. This also gives you a chance to ask any questions, you may have.
- Once the minimum number of interested individuals has been reached, we contact everyone, if they still wish to join the tour and are ready to book and pay.
- Once the minimum number of individuals have paid, the tour is then a guaranteed departure.
- Payment/booking deadline:tba
If the minimum number of seats has not been reached by the booking deadline, any money already paid will be refunded back to you in full