Most of our generally longer tours up to the Orkney & Shetland Isles do include parts of the North Coast, but don’t display as North Coast, as the primary main tour region is to a different Scottish region.
The Northwest, Far Northwest Coast, North Coast & also parts of the Northeast Coast are truly epic, wild, spectacular & very much part of our many “off the beaten track & Scottish Islands tours”. The many stunningly beautiful beaches, the cliffs, the high mountains, the Norwegian-like sealochs/fjords and the rugged coastline with its many peninsulas is breathtaking.
Just as with the Northcoast 500 (NC500) route our definition of Northcoast includes:
- the actual Scottish Northcoast from Duncansby head/Northeast Cape/John O’Groats to Cape Wrath/the Northwest Cape near Durness
- the Northwest Coast from the Skye bridge in Lochalsh north along the Applecross peninsula, including the Bealach na Ba pass, Torridon, Gairloch up to Ullapool
- the Far Northwest Coast from Ullapool north via Assynt & Inverpolly towards Cape Wrath/Northwest Cape and Durness
- The Northeast coast from Duncansby head near John O’Groats down south to the Black Isle and the Kessock bridge north of Inverness
As there are long distances to cover from our Stirling homebase and the Northcoast if all about exploring, the great outdoors, walking, wildlife & being active – you need ideally 3 days and longer for a tour, there are generally no “off the beaten track & Scottish Islands” Northcoast tours during the short daylight months from November until February.
Coast, sea Highlands & Islands – Unicorn Tours throughout Scotland offers
- private & small group 4 day, 3 day & 2 day private & small group Northcoast tours.
In our Scottish destinations/Tour extensions & add ons – section, you also find further information about the various Scottish regions, the coast & Islands.
If you do have any further questions, drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org