What to Bring
- Fun and a positive mindset
- Waterproof jacket (and if you have waterproof trousers)
- Good footwear, walking boots, as it can otherwise be slippery, especially if it is wet or if you have autumn leaves, we normally don’t waklk for too long, but normally gos for small shorter scenic walks
- Bring warm jumper, jacket, waterproof jacket and trousers.
- Bring a spare change of jumpers as people tend to get cold and spare clothes as you could get wet.
- Woolen hat (also good against strong winds)
- Sunglasses as sunrise/sunset low-lying sun can hit you in the eyes, also wet surfaces and sun cause extra glare
Passport, driving license or photo ID as at check in you are often being asked for
- A camera
- Personal items
- A bottle of water, a snack to eat
- A towel, if you stay in a hostel
- A bit of cash/credit or debit card
- A change of clothes (even on 1 day tours, we can occassionally encounter sudden unexpected downpours on our stops and people’s clothes can get soaked
- Torch in the dark winter time
- All the hostels we are staying in have a communal kitchen with fridge and places for you to store your food.
Pre-buying and bring your own food is particularly recommended for days when we travel to remote locations with few or no shops.
- If you like swimming some swimwear or alternatively an extra spare pair of underpants plus T-shirt is also recommended, as sometimes we come to very tempting beautiful beaches and the Westcoast gulf stream water is mild in the late summer and early autumn.
On our Unicorn Tours we will on and off also play a selection of Scottish music CDs. On our multi-day tours (as then we do have more time to play a few other songs), feel free to bring a few of your own favourite CDs along.
IMPORTANT FOR TOURS FROM OCTOBER TO APRIL
ESPECIALLY DURING THE WINTER:
Please bring and wear multi-layered clothes and bring extra woollen jumpers/pullovers, long underwear, thick socks, woollen hats, gloves, scarves, warm winterjacket, water -and windproof outer layers
Please bring spare clothes as it is likely to be a lot colder than you think due to a combination of cold, wet and windy weather and you might need a spare set of dry clothes if the you get wet.
Please bring sturdy footwear, as it can be icy, wet and slippery and we will go for some short walks.
There is plenty of space on the bus for your luggage.